- 1952: Doctorate in Medicine, Surgery and Obstetrics, School of Medicine of the University of
Louvain, Belgium. Registration: 11461-287
- 1952: Doctorate in Tropical Medicine, Institute Leopold II, University of Antwerp, Belgium.
- 1956-1957: Postgraduate Fellowship, Department of Surgery, Prof. De Cock, Clinic of Alost, Belgium.
- 1956-1958: Postgraduate Fellowship, Department of Gynecology and Endocrinology, University of
- 1992-1994: Postgraduate Fellowship, Department of Biochemistry, University of California, San
- 1949-1951: Assistant pathologist, Laboratory of Anatomo-Pathology Prof. Picard, Louvain, Belgium
- 1952-1954: Hospital Director, Kamonia Hospital (Tshikapa), Belgian Congo (Zaire)
- 1954-1956: Hospital Director, Miabi Hospital (Bakwanga), Belgian Congo (Zaire)
- 1956-1987: Private practice, Antwerp, Belgium
- 1956-1987: Consultant at the Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Antwerp, Belgium.
- 1961-1987: Staff member St. Augustinus Clinic, Antwerp. Belgium.
- 1961-1987: Staff member St. Camillus Clinic, Antwerp. Belgium.
- 1988-1990: Sabbatical leave.
- 1991-1994: University of California San Diego Department of Biochemistry
- 1994-1996: Research Director G.N. Schrauzer & Company, Inc. (Biochemistry R & D)
- 1998-present: Director of the Longevity Institute
- 1998-present: Nutritional Therapy Consultant:
More than 15,000 email messages answered from about 5.000 correspondents worldwide
inquiring about health conditions, nutrition and supplements.
- 2008-present: Member of the Scientific Commitee of the World Society of Anti-Aging Medicine.
- 2009-present: Nutritional Hot Line (NHL@longevinst.org) to assist healthcare providers in giving nutritional advice to their clients.
Certification - Registration - Licenses :
- 1952 - Medical License Kingdom of Belgium
- 1952 - State Medical Authority of Belgian Congo (Zaire). Registration 71/5587
- 1956 - Medical Association of Belgium. Belgian State registration OGA nr 1207
- 1961 - Certification Gynecology and Endocrinology. Belgian State registration nr 12/31
- 2002 - Society of Certified Nutritionists. Membership #22009
Medical Practice :
- OB-GYN practice
- Over 4,000 deliveries and Cesarean sections.
- 15 years experience of "Birth without Violence" following the method of Dr. Leboyer. See http://www.soul-guidance.com/houseofthesun/birthwithoutviolence.htm
- 10 years experience with Peridural technology
- Over 5,000 gynecological surgical procedures.
Laboratory Practice :
- 175,000 cytohormonal and Pap slides
Research Areas :
have been researching the link between nutrition and health since my practice in Africa.
Since 1987, research on nutrition has become a full time job.
Fields of research :
- Minerals and vitamins.
- Mineral biochemistry and hormones.
- Diet errors : Glucose excess, Carbohydrate deficiency, Omega-6 fatty acid excess and
food intolerances, mineral and vitamin deficiency, additives, pollutants and chemicals.
- The link between diet errors and obesity, cardio-vascular, allergy, auto-immunity, degenerative conditions.
-Childbirth improvement focussing on childbirth monitoring and assistance and on newborn stress relief
Computer Programs :
- PreVue ©: Clinical Symptomatology Evaluation Program (1989)
- CCD ©: Calendar for Cancer Detection (1991)
- CytoData ©: Pap Smear Data Management (1996)
- LaboData ©: Non-Numeric Laboratory Results Management (1996)
- Food Analysis Program (2000)
Peer Review :
- Review of articles for the Journal of Biological Trace Element Research
- Clinical Findings with Thermometry, Arts Medici, June 11/12, 1983.
- Heart Attacks, the Hypothesis of Multiple Deficiencies, Medical Trends nr 3, March 1986.
- "AIDS" is not the only threat, Prevention of Sexual transmitted diseases. Ed.: Kluwer Uitg.1987.
- Effects of Nutritional Lithium Supplementation on Mood. A Placebo Controlled Study with Former
Drug Users, Co-author, UCSD, Journal of Biological Trace Element Research, Vol. 40, 89-181. 1994
- Book: The American Diet: A Recipe for Disaster
- Websites: longevinst.org - betterchildbirth.com - lifeinthenicu.com - momemat.com
- Certain Diseases and their Connections with Thyroid Pathology. Antwerp. March 3, 1984
- Arteriosclerosis and Heart Attacks: The Connections with Thyroid Insufficiency. Antwerp. May 26
- Low Basal Temperature, Prematurity and Intra-uterine Growth Retardation. 8th. Int. Congress of
Perinatalogy, Aachen, Germany, June. 1984.
- Frequency of Thyroid Disorders and Their Consequences. Union Medicale de Soignies St. Vincentius
Clinic. Soignies, Belgium. January 11, 1985
- LDL Cholesterol Receptors and Thyroid Function. Feb. 16, 1985.
- Adrenal Dysfunction and Low Thyroid. Hilton Hotel, Bridgeport, Connecticut. April 1985.
- Hypo Metabolism in Children. Union Medicale de Soignies . Soignies, Belgium. Nov. 15, 1985
- Adrenal Cortex Dysfunction. Antwerp. November 21, 1985
- The Multiple Deficiency Syndrome. Antwerp. November 21, 1985
- Hypothyroidism. St. Marten Hospital. Noorddijk, Netherland. March 1986.
- The Cholesterol Problem and Hypothyroidism. Belgische Boerenbond. Ypres, Belgium. 1988
- Brain Dysfunction in Children. Tambearly School and Queens College. Nassau-Bahamas, 1988
- Prematurity and Fetal Growth Retardation. Teen Parenting Session. Nassau-Bahamas, 1988.
- Hormone Imbalance in HIV carriers. Bahamian Forum. Nassau, Bahamas. February 1, 1989.
- Hormone Testing. Meadowlark Health Center. Hemet, CA. July 27, 1991.
- Preparing your pregnancy. American Longevity Convention, Salt Lake City, 1998.
- Trace-Elements and Brain Function. American Longevity Convention, Lake Tahoe, 2000
- The Low Fat Diet is a Nonsense. American Longevity Convention, New Orleans, 2001
- Beyond Aspirin. American Longevity Convention, San Diego, 2002
- Adaptation and Diet Concern. American Longevity Convention, 2005
- Obesity and Statistics, Obesity and Food, Obesity and Hormones. International Hormone Society workshop. Congress of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M). Las Vegas Dec. 2006
- "Hartpatienten Liga" Magazine. Gent, Belgium. March 13, 1984
- "De Gaze van Antwerpen" Newspaper. Antwerp, Belgium. Sept. 28,1985, cp 31.
- "Het Brugse Handelsblad" Newspaper. Bruges. Belgium Feb. 22, 1985.
- "Bridgeport Post" Newspaper. Bridgeport, Connecticut U.S.A. April 12, 1985.
- "Sunday Post" Newspaper. Bridgeport, Connecticut U.S.A. "Doctors Often Mistreat Low Thyroid,
Researchers Claim". April 28, 1985.
- "Nassau Guardian" Newspaper. Nassau Bahamas, January 5,1989
[ top ]
Membership and Affiliation (Past and Actual) :
- Chairman and co-founder of the Doctor Eugene Hertoghe Research Foundation. Antwerp Belgium.
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUVAIN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE. Belgium. 1945-1952.
- NATIONALE MILITIE (Belgian Army). ID number: 51/52117. 1952-1958. Medical Officer
- KADER DER RESERVEOFFICIEREN. (Belgian Army Reserve). Since 1958. Medical Officer
- ORDE DER GENEESHEREN (Belgian Medical Association). Van Deckle 37, Bus 32. 2018 Antwerp en. ID
number: OGA/1207. Since 1956.
- ASSOCIATION DES GYNECOLOGUE DE LANGUE FRANCAISE. Brussels. Belgium. 1960-1987.
- SOCIETE POUR L' ETUDE DES OLIGO-ELEMENTS. France. 1972-1988.
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO, 9500 Gilman Dr. La Jolla. CA 92093. 1992-1996
- ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL SCIENTISTS. University of Connecticut, 263 Farming ton Ave.,
Farming ton. CT 06030. 1992 -1996
- AMERICAN NUTRACEUTICAL ASSOCIATION. 1999
- EUROPEAN ACADEMY FOR THE QUALITY OF LIFE AND LONGEVITY. 2001
- SOCIETY OF CERTIFIED NUTRITIONISTS. 2002
- INTERNATIONAL NETWORK OF CHOLESTEROL SKEPTICS (thincs.org). 2004
- INTERNATIONAL HORMONE SOCIETY, 2006
- WORLD SOCIETY OF ANTI AGING MEDICINE,(WOSAAM) 2008
- PREMIE GROWTH PROJECT, (PGP) 2009